This position will be responsible for developing plans, analyzing financial results, completing special projects, and producing weekly/monthly reporting relating to Home Depot’s Store Labor.
Major Tasks and responsibilities:
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving – Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives. Participates in preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met. Reviews monthly metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage. Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Operations, and Information Systems.
- Predict Revenues and Expenditures and Report to Management.
- Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Financial Reporting
Knowledge and skills:
- Thorough working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of business and management. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that support the objectives of the company
- Ability to lead and develop subordinates
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments and levels of associates through both verbal and written methods
- Critical thinking skills; using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, applying general rules to specific problems.